Let’s be real, we all want to look and feel younger and have youthful skin indefinitely. I contacted my Naturopath and read a bunch of medical journals and found out that the answer is collagen + vitamin C.
Collagen is a naturally occurring protein and the building block of healthy skin, hair and nails. And vitamin C reverses the harmful effects of UV exposure on the skin by neutralizing free radicals. Interestingly though, vitamin C is essential for the synthesis of collagen. Taking a collagen supplement, without vitamin C, won’t have the same impact. So I searched for the best collagen on the market and have been a fan-girl of Vital Proteins Wild Fish Marine Collagen. It is the purest source is high-quality marine collagen. It’s odorless and tasteless. And I’ve paired that up with the two highest sources of vitamin C on the planet: CamuCamu and Lucama!
One teaspoon of Lucuma Powder is 12 times your daily needs! I’ve also added in South American superfood, Organic Camu Camu Powder, for B vitamins and subtle sweetness. You’re going to LOVE this smoothie! It’s the ultimate blend of collagen and vitamin C for youthful skin!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup frozen organic raspberries
- 1/4 cup frozen organic strawberries
- 1/2 of a fresh mango, peeled and sliced
- 1 scoop marine collagen peptides (i used this brand)
- 1 tsp CamuCamu powder (I used this brand)
- 1 tsp Lucama powder (I used this brand)
- 1/4 cup coconut water
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- Optional: 3 ice cubes
What You'll Need To Know
- Add all ingredients to the blender, liquids first. Blend until smooth and ready for sipping.